Sunday, February 21, 2010

Updated Links: Barter & Trade: Bring it back.

A few days ago, I posted an entry about Bartering. Since, that time I have created a Facebook page to support that concept and looked into several websites that embody the concept of barter. Below, you will find the links, and also a short description about them.
  
BarterQuest is a cashless trading site. A trade occurs when a user makes an offer (or counter offer), another user accepts the offer, and the first user confirms the trade. (In the case of a MultiParty trade involving three or more users, the trade is automatically confirmed when all parties have accepted.) The following explains how to use our site.

You can also view more information about trading by visiting the help desk portion of their site. http://barterquest.zendesk.com/forums/29911/entries/93557


SwapTree.com is another barter trading site. I could not find a true "about me" other than the photo below, so I signed up and began experimenting. It is actually much like a dating site. You put up your wants and likes, and it will match you with someone who has the opposite. (Your want is their has, and theirs is yours etc.) This one appears to be the best. However, I cannot tell you a success rate of traded items at this point.

This site does seem to be a bit more limited than BarterQuest.com, yet much more user friendly.


Lastly, I will briefly mention http://www.paperbackswap.com which is a paperback book trading site. I never really enjoyed the idea of this site. I have been a member for some time and yet to make a trade. It has always been much easier to go to Half Price Books.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Joe! I'm really happy to read this... I don't know if you remember... I was recommending BarterQuest to you last week. Seems that you had a look :) As I said, it is a nice site, even for "non-experts", easy understandable and great fun. Keep going :)

    ReplyDelete